Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Bernie Mireault

from my personal collection, a comic that help change my life

Bernie Mireault entered my comic book life in a not so flattering way. I was searching through a $1 bin of comics at a local shop and I found The JAM Super Cool Color Injected Turbo Adventure From Hell No. 1.
Nearly ten years after it was published by Comico this comic flipped my comic taste upside down. I was so happy that this comic was about people, and people who were normal. Such a simple thing to think about now, but back then in the small town I lived in this kind of comic was rare. So The JAM helped me get away from hollow superhero comics, and more towards superhero comics that had people in them and behind the costumes.
Bernie Mireault's artwork in black and white as well as in color was a huge inspiration when I was drawing The ANT comics.

No comments: